Dr. Tara Travia is a Licensed Psychologist practicing in Maryland and Virginia. She is a Certified EMDR provider offering consultation for EMDR trained clinicians seeking certification and for clinicians who want to process cases at a deeper level through consultation.
EMDR THERAPY CASE CONSULTATION
For Certification and Beyond
As an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Approved Consultant Dr. Travia is offering both individual and group consultation for individuals seeking Certification through EMDRIA and for those clinicians seeking to improve their skills and/or process cases more deeply.
Current group offering for 2022:
General EMDR Consultation group meets VIA ZOOM on the 3rd Friday of each month for 2 hours 12-2 EST
2022 Dates: 8/19, 9/16, 10/21, 11/18, (tentatively) 12/16
Cost: $85 per session or $325 for 4 session package
email email@example.com for more information
Reasons to seek consultation:
- Obtain consultation towards EMDRIA certification.
- Discuss specific details of a case in a HIPAA-compliant manner with another professional
- Assure documented compliance with ethical guidelines to seek consultation when necessary
- Gain a new/different perspective on a case
- Discuss documentation
- Learn new techniques or reconnect with ones you may have forgotten from training
Dr. Travia’s Specific Interests:
- Complex trauma
- Creating a safe and flexible space for clients to “do the work”
- High IQ individuals and the specific challenges they face
- Integrating Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) into all 8 stages of EMDR
- Adult ADHD
- Boundary setting
- Maintaining a work life balance (for both clinicians and clients)
- Contact via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up a phone call to discuss your goals and confirm that we are a good fit
- All consultation is conducted virtually via a HIPAA-compliant platform
- Cost for individual consultation is $125 per session for those seeking certification and $150 per session for those already certified
About Dr. Travia
Dr. Travia has maintained a private practice for over 10 years and has served in various capacities across her career including leading the Combat Trauma Treatment Track for a co-occurring (substance abuse and trauma) outpatient partial hospitalization unit in Northern Virginia and serving as a Clinical Director for a forensic-focused facility. She has been in full time private practice for over four years and has a full and vibrant practice focused on treating trauma and High IQ clients. She has had the opportunity to supervise numerous Master Level and Doctoral students during her career and deeply enjoys supervision of EMDR practitioners.
She also coaches clinicians on building their own private practices in an ethical, easy-going, and joyful manner.
Dr. Travia is immensely passionate about EMDR, trauma treatment and positive psychology, but also loves SCUBA, board games, sewing, and K-Pop. She is a strong believer in cultivating a rich and balanced life that allows clinicians and clients alike to manage the complexities of being a human.